Family, friends and the University community are mourning the loss of a University of Hartford student. The Connecticut Medical Examiner’s Office has confirmed that former general manager of STN Channel 2 Kyle Cofiell died Thursday morning.
Cofiell, of Glastonbury, was an active member of the University community. He was studying part time for a degree in Multimedia Broadcast Engineering, and most recently worked at Fox CT as a broadcast engineer.
Kyle was a residential assistant for four years in the complexes and village apartments. He also was a volunteer firefighter for the Glastonbury Fire Department. Cofiell was also an SGA senator as well as a member of the Ethics Committee.
Cofiell, 23, is survived by his sister Kelly, his brother Kevin and his loving parents Debbie and Jay. Memorial service plans have yet to be announced.
If you knew Kyle and feel that you need support or counseling during this difficult time, the University has many resources available to assist you. Please feel free to contact:
– Counseling and Psychological Services – located in GSU 313 or by calling 768-4482
– Residential Life at 768-7792. Your RA (Resident Advisor) and RD (Resident Director) are available to talk and provide support.
– Dean of Students Office – located in GSU 307 or by calling 768-4285
– Student Success Center – located at the rear of B-Complex or by calling 768-7906
– Connections Health Education and Wellness Center – located on the lower level of the University Commons, Room 116, or by calling 768-5433
– Campus Ministry Office – located in GSU 153 or by calling 768-4899